a note from nigel:
Wow, fellow MoveIners and special guests:
What a treat — for the first time in three years — to be together in person!
I am so grateful for all of you: MoveIners, volunteers, speakers, breakout leaders, one-on-ones, worship leaders, and everyone making MoveIner23 the powerful time God has in store. Special thanks to those flying in from across Canada, the US and Germany!
Thank you to our keynote speakers, Ray Aldred, Evi Rodemann, Laurel Bunker, Mpumi Maweni and Khevna Dave. Thank you to our emcees, Julius and Miraya; the worship teams; our One-on-Ones, breakout leaders and prayer ministry volunteers; and Harriet and the amazing Kids program team who have put together another amazing program for our kids — as well as our first ever youth program! Thank you to all those in set-up and tech, and the program volunteers; and to the entire Vision Team staff and our conference coordinating team: Martha, Nikitha and our fearless conference director, Jemcah — thank you!
Our theme this year is “Rooted.” Amidst the many distractions and disruptions in our lives, including those of the past three years, our desire as a movement is to remain rooted in the mission and values God has given us; rooted in our neighbourhoods; and—most importantly—rooted in the Lord himself.
Let’s build each other up and glorify God this weekend. May we truly see, listen to, love, and prayerfully encourage each one here, together.
A few action items:
- One-on-One sessions. Sign up for—not one—but TWO sessions. We have first-ever categories and a wealth of leaders this year
- Plan to GIVE GENEROUSLY, sacrificially and joyfully in this year’s three offerings. As a movement, we love to bless and fuel others’ ministries abundantly. Read the offering descriptions to prepare.
- Visit the drop-in PRAYER ROOM throughout the weekend located in the basement of the main building. Also take advantage of the prayer ministry teams.
- Engage with MoveIners and special guests throughout the weekend in breakouts, meals, free time, and the various activities.
- Have fun at the Dance Party! And consider performing at the Talent Show — encourage others to do the same.
- Check out the books in the Ministry Centre Foyer and take a bunch home! You can also get subsidies on books you purchase after the weekend from our Recommendations List
- Contact the Prayer Journey team about leading a Prayer Journey in your city on Saturday, June 17, 2023.
- Contact the Dollar-a-Day team about how to participate in Dollar-a-Day in late October 2023.
Lord, speak to us this weekend. Let us hear your voice. Do a work among us. Do a new thing. And take our roots deeper in you. In Jesus’ name.
Rooted in Christ with you – your brother,
join us at moveiner23!
February 17 – 20, 2023 | Guelph, Ontario (Canada)
Join alongside MoveIn teams from around the world for a weekend of prayer, worship, teaching and fellowship at our movement-wide conference in Guelph, Ontario. This will be a time to connect with other teams, to grow in depth of love for neighbours, and to experience the love and glory of God. Each year, the conference program is designed to address your needs as a MoveIner. This weekend of learning and community will allow you to grow in your ministry and build your relationship with God, your teammates, and the wider MoveIn movement.
Our theme this year is Rooted. Amidst the many distractions and disruptions in our lives, our desire as a movement is to remain rooted in our values and mission of being prayerfully present amongst the unreached, urban poor. As MoveIners and brothers and sisters in Christ, we want to spur each other on to have our lives deeply rooted in Jesus Christ.